Friday, November 10, 2006

sometimes I just don't get those people who complain too much about their lives. hey, I've got problems too,but I DEAL with it. These people seem to complain about everything,- from parents to friends to boyfriends to food to rules. Nothing is right in their lives. Why can't they just for once, stop and think, and look at themselves before blaming other people for their misfortunes.

I don't think they realize how lucky they actually are. It's not every day that some organization would grant you a scholarship which millions of students are dying to get. It's not everyday that people actually see that you are worth something and believe in you enough to give you this scholarship. I wish they would just open their huge eyes and see how lucky they are! I know things seem hard now, but I believe that it's all going to be worth it when we get there. I can just imagine the huge smile on our faces when we complete this journey.

I know that what we're getting now is not that much, but I am still thankful that they are supporting my studies so that my parents will not have to worry about my education anymore. And I also know that this place is not exactly what I could call "Home", but it's not THAT bad. Sure the food is sometimes a bit icky, but it is still edible. I've been here for almost a year and I've never had any food poisoning before. Atleast I try to look at the positive side of things. I'm so glad I have my friends here, they make everything seem less hard.

But some people here, well, I think they just have problems. They need to see a shrink or something. They're not even trying to atleast see that things are not as bad as they think. (How can they, when they go back every chance they can) I used to dislike this place too, and I went home every chance I get, until I realize that I wasn't even trying to get to know this place. So, I started staying here during weekends. That's when I discover that this place can be fun if I want to make it fun. My friends and I sort of have a routine here, we watch movies every friday night, or go out somewhere, or we have our "theme night" (which I am not going to explain further because it's kind of personal) , or we just watch Tv and talk. (hey, it's not as boring as it sounds) I got to know them (and myself) better. I started to like this place bit by bit. And I seriously think I am going to miss this place so much when I leave next june.

I hope they will change one day. I'm really praying hard for that.


2 comments:

Breathing.In.Luxembourg said...

suka this entry..salute 'toing toing' kat u!

Anonymous said...

i VERY much agree. =)