Saturday, August 05, 2006

IELTS

the IELTS results are out. and i passed! I got a band 7.5 which is quite okay i guess. The passing band for TESL is 7.0. As for right now, I am feeling quite happy and satisfied with what i have achieved. I have no regrets at all because I know I deserve the band given and if i want a higher band, that means more hard work.

You see, success does not come easily. You have to work hard for it and put extra effort. I realised that I will not get anywhere if I continue with what I am doing now. I need to read more, like I used to when I was still in school. My teacher said that if you read a lot, you can improve 1 band in six week. Her explanation made sense to me. She also mentioned about good writers being good readers, which I find to be true. When I was in form 4-5, I used to write phrases/ quotes that I read from books into my essays. It did help a lot, and I never had any problems understanding English language.

After I finished school, my passion for reading slowly decreased. It's already August and I think I only managed to finish one book this year. I just did not have the time to really sit, read and indulge in the book. This whole thing has taken a toll on my english too. I think my english is getting worse, written or spoken. I get confused with the tenses and sometimes the words just won't come out.

So, starting from today, I will try to read as much books as possible. Hopefully, I can raise my band up to the highest level. :)

2 comments:

Z said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Z said...

*salutes* TERE SIOT, 7.5! woot!

huhu. in contrast, i shall die tomorrow. haha.