Pn. Husniah, my literature teacher, gave me this really great advice that I want to share. It goes something like this ( I can't remember her exact words ) :
"If you married the wrong man, get a divorce. If you want to stay, then try to make it work"
I think I'm going to remember this advice forever. You see, this course I'm taking, is not easy. I need to really give 110% of everything I have into it just to make sure I pass my alevel and further my studies in NZ. I am taking three tough subjects for my alevel which are literature in english, sociology and mathematics. Two of these three subjects need constant reading and writing while the other one needs constant practice. It's not as easy as in seems because my vocabulary is very limited so I am having a hard time understanding Harolambos (my sociology text book) and it is so frustrating to use the same words over and over again in my essays. ( I have no idea how I got A1 for my gce-o ) Since I only have less than 2 months for my AS exam, I don't think I have enough time to brush up on my english. I chose this course and I've always wanted to do Tesl and teach, but I didn't know it was going to be this hard. I still think I made the right choice and I do not regret it and I am willing to work hard to pass this exam. Since I am sticking to this course, I have to make it work.
Another advice that I will never forget is,
"Live dangerously, buy coloured shoes"
I have always played it safe in everything i do. I have never dared to go that extra mile, to take that extra step. I even buy black shoes so that I can match it with anything (hehe). Anyway, back to what I was saying, I think I need to change this atitude. I need to be more adventurous, like, enter a public speaking competition perhaps? I need to do something challenging, just to see if I can do it. My whole life, I've never entered a real competition with real prizes. I remembered entering a science competition once but my group was the only one who sent something so we won without even competing and it wasn't challenging at all.
Oh, and I really do need to buy coloured shoes...and tops too. ;-) my wardrobe is really boring and dull. I can only see black, black...one or two whites...cream... haih.
Umm. about the first advice, I need to stress that I did not marry the wrong man, err, I mean, course. It's just that, since I'm staying, i need to put extra effort no matter how hard it is. Please pray that I pass my exam with flying colors.
Good nite :)
"If you married the wrong man, get a divorce. If you want to stay, then try to make it work"
I think I'm going to remember this advice forever. You see, this course I'm taking, is not easy. I need to really give 110% of everything I have into it just to make sure I pass my alevel and further my studies in NZ. I am taking three tough subjects for my alevel which are literature in english, sociology and mathematics. Two of these three subjects need constant reading and writing while the other one needs constant practice. It's not as easy as in seems because my vocabulary is very limited so I am having a hard time understanding Harolambos (my sociology text book) and it is so frustrating to use the same words over and over again in my essays. ( I have no idea how I got A1 for my gce-o ) Since I only have less than 2 months for my AS exam, I don't think I have enough time to brush up on my english. I chose this course and I've always wanted to do Tesl and teach, but I didn't know it was going to be this hard. I still think I made the right choice and I do not regret it and I am willing to work hard to pass this exam. Since I am sticking to this course, I have to make it work.
Another advice that I will never forget is,
"Live dangerously, buy coloured shoes"
I have always played it safe in everything i do. I have never dared to go that extra mile, to take that extra step. I even buy black shoes so that I can match it with anything (hehe). Anyway, back to what I was saying, I think I need to change this atitude. I need to be more adventurous, like, enter a public speaking competition perhaps? I need to do something challenging, just to see if I can do it. My whole life, I've never entered a real competition with real prizes. I remembered entering a science competition once but my group was the only one who sent something so we won without even competing and it wasn't challenging at all.
Oh, and I really do need to buy coloured shoes...and tops too. ;-) my wardrobe is really boring and dull. I can only see black, black...one or two whites...cream... haih.
Umm. about the first advice, I need to stress that I did not marry the wrong man, err, I mean, course. It's just that, since I'm staying, i need to put extra effort no matter how hard it is. Please pray that I pass my exam with flying colors.
Good nite :)
No comments:
Post a Comment